Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Invasion of the Honey Ants

Yesterday morning when I got up and went into the kitchen I beheld a sight I haven’t seen in a long time. Ants and I mean ants everywhere. They were the little tiny one that don’t bite, but make long lines to any source of food they find.

Now we have the pest controllers come around and spray and plant stuff outside, but I refuse to spray insecticide in the kitchen. I usually use the Clorox Clean Up spray and that get rid of them, for a while. This is the first time this year that I’ve seen them and I’ll be making a call to the pest controllers.

The thing about this time is, it looked like they were more organized. I don’t mean just one line of ants going back and forth from one place. There was a big group of ants in a circle and from there emanated three different lines going out to opposite ends of the counter. It reminded me of a well thought out attack plant with ant generals in the circle sending out the troops.



As I was watching them I could picture a couple of ants carrying banners and others signaling by tooting little horns. I know cartoon movies have already been made about ants, but this just brought it to me with more realism. If I could have picked them up and put them outside, I would have, but I had to break out the Clorox Cleaner.

I’ll call the pest man today, but I know I’ll have them for awhile. This is a yearly occurrence, and this is the first time I’ve seen them this year. But as I said, they appear more organized this time. Am I putting too much into this? Will I wake up like Gulliver tomorrow and find that the lilliputians have taken me captive. All I know is if I see George asleep and he starts to mysteriously move across the floor, I’m leaving the house.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!