Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Yesterday Was A Bust

I had such great plans. I was going to move the world. Actually I was going to mow the lawn, clean the house and give George a haircut. Now none of this is really hard to do, but I didn’t do it.

I mean with mowing the lawn. I find that turning the key on the riding lawn mower is pretty strenuous. Plus you’ve got to hook up the lawn sweeper. After all this I have to put my attention to making straight lines and not running into the house. This is exhausting. I won’t even go into weed eating which can go from very strenuous to a nightmare.

Cleaning the house, I do that throughout the day, so that’s never a big one.

Now giving George a haircut. That can be a big one, but not as bad as a bath. George usually will stand there until I start to clip his right side. When I start on the right side he’ll always start moving around or just sit. I’m constantly moving him around and he’s constantly moving. So needless to say, the haircut I give him is never a good one. He’s always looks very scraggly. To say George is not a handsome dog would be an understatement, but once I get through with him, he’s down right ugly. I just console myself with the fact that it’s no more dog hair floating around and it will grow back.

So today, I’m going to do the lawn. Yep, I’m going to get up in a minute and start on it. I’ve already gotten my shower and I’m dress and if I can just make past the couch, I’ll be rounding third, heading for home plate. It’s not that hard to walk past the couch and I’ll just divert my eyes from it.

Oh heck, I feel a nap calling.

Update:

I did it, I did it, I did it, I did it! I got the lawn mowed. You know that thing about it that gets me, is the grass wasn't that tall. A couple of times I had to stop to make sure I wasn't mowing where I already had. Other than limbs, pine cones and a tree that shedding, it was OK. But there were a few weeds growing, so it was mower time. It's gotten to hot to weed eat, so I'm hoping tomorrow I'll have the drive to do that in the morning.

George, I might get to him later this afternoon.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!