Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Don't Change Those Settings

My brother bought over his new laptop yesterday and wanted me to show him how to transfer his camcorder home movies to DVD. He has a really sweet machine and I was thinking this wouldn’t be hard at all. Well I underestimated. Once I start unpacking everything I see he didn’t bring all the stuff necessary to make a DVD. First no blank DVD disks, then he forgot most of the stuff for the camcorder and the batteries were almost dead. Finally no cords to run from the camcorder to the computer. So I go digging through all my stuff. To cut it short, the batteries on the camcorder went completely dead before I could figure out how to transfer his movies.

The thing that got me though was not his fault but mine. While he was here I decided to set up his computer so it could use my wireless router to get to the Internet. I got into my computer to change some stuff and I was in such a hurry I changed something wrong. Now I can’t even use my router. Don’t know what I did, but whatever it was has me baffled. I called the help line of the router manufacturer and got someone one who I could hardly understand. The guy was really trying to help, but I could tell he was getting a little frustrated when I kept having to tell him to repeat what he said. Now I’ve always thought that the help line people were just poor slobs like me, trying to make a living, and trying to get by. So I’m never rude or short tempered with them. Luckily I’ve never had a rude help person on the other end either. To cut it short again, I was on the phone for about 45 minutes with him and we never got it fixed. I had to leave and he told me he couldn’t give me a ticket number because their computers were down at the moment. So today I’ll try calling again and see if we can get the router back to working again. I found out something I’ve known for awhile. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous.

I don't know where my mind was this morning because I forgot to add.

Happy Birthday Boran2



Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!