Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well another Thanksgiving is here. I’m not sure how many will be here this year. I’m estimating around 30-35. The house is starting to fill, but the big influx of rels, extended family and friends will be here Wednesday. We’ll have everyone together out at the farm house, I’ll overeat as usual, find a comfy recliner to fall asleep in and stay planted there until it’s time to come home.

Everyone in my family loves dressing. There are usually 3 to 4 different types that will be bought to the T’giving dinner. I was telling Olivia earlier that one of my brothers had found a little “hole in the wall” café about 40 miles from here that makes the best corn bread dressing. So every year besides what everyone brings to the farm house, we usually buy 2 big pans of the café dressing to just have here for after T’giving.

So the rest of this week will be hectic with kids running everywhere, and George will be barking constantly. I’m always happy to see the holidays get here, but by the end of it, I’m pretty well exhausted and ready for some peace and quiet.

I hope everyone’s Thanksgiving is a good one. Enjoy.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!