Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Ice Cream Maker

Last night when I was helping my sister and b-I-l with their computer I saw where they had been cleaning things out of their pantry. I saw a brand new soft serve ice cream maker and told her that they would have to let me use it sometimes. She said they had never used it and if I wanted to, to take it home and experiment.

Well I love ice cream. I don’t know why, but a big bowl of ice cream before bedtime always puts me right to sleep. I won’t be able to use it until tomorrow because the instructions say the freezer part has to stay in the fridge freezer for 24 hours. But after everything is prepared and done, it only takes 30 minutes to make soft serve ice cream. I know that with homemade it will cost more than the store bought stuff, but like the cooking shows say, you know what’s going into your recipes.

The instruction manual gives you 8 or 10 different recipes, but on those you have to use egg yolks and cook and so on. I was wondering if anybody has a favorite recipe that precludes cooking. I know I can google, but I’d like to hear of anyone’s favorite home made recipe. Like I said this is going to be a lot of experimenting for me.

Who knows, I might hit on a recipe that becomes world famous. I used to love a store bought one called pistachio chocolate truffle. Alas it’s no long made. However, now that I can experiment, I’m figuring on something with a southern flare. Maybe barbecue or pimento cheese ice cream.

What do ya think?




Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!