Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

TV Conundrum

I was wondering last night about TV. I’ve said before I grew up with one channel and you watched what was on. Now of days there are so many channel and different way of receiving TV that it would seem that you could never see it all. However, that’s not the case.



If you’re a habitual channel surfer like me, unless something really catches your attention, it’s push the buttons and push the buttons and push the buttons. I really fear I’ll end up with carpal tunnel syndrome one day.

I guess I surf so much because there never seems to be anything new. Plus I’ve decided at my age now, I’ve seen pretty much ever premise they’ll use for a show. Yeah another detective show, another sitcom or another drama on subjects that’s been dealt with a million times. I’m not even going to go into the waste of time infomercials are.

I’ve stuck mostly with stuff on Discovery, The History Channel, The Learning Channel, Educational TV and a few others. However, it seems now of days they’re even copying the reality shows from other channels. BTW I don’t like reality shows. With any new shows on the mainstream channels I do start getting interested in, it seems like they yank them off before anyone can start getting comfortable with the show or characters. Then they put on re-runs or recaps of the show and expect that to keep you interested for the rest of the year.

So I guess I’m saying the proliferation of TV channels only diluted the quality of the shows. No new ideas and actually no new anything. If you haven’t seen it before, wait and you will.

Anybody out there got any ideas. What are some of your favorite programs?


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!