Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Coalescing

The whole family is coalescing (thanks IVG) to the house again this weekend. One brother will be here for a couple of days and the relatives that left a little while back will be here for about a week. I’m not sure if they will be bringing any grandkids with them this time. A lot more work for me, but I’m happy because it makes FMom happy to have everybody around.

FMom has already started the preparation for their arrival. She has reverted to her code talk to me. A few examples:

FMom – “I’m going to wake up early in the morning so I can start getting the house cleaned.”

Translation – Family Man get up early and get everything straightened and cleaned up before everyone shows up.

FMom – “I’m going to call Mr. X and see if he will come over and do the lawn,” and one of my favorites, “That flower beds looks terrible, I’ll go out tomorrow and start pulling weeds.”

Translation – Family Man the lawn needs to be done right away and those flowerbeds too.

Now FMom knows as well as I do that she can’t do any of this stuff, and uses her code talk to let me know it’s time to get it all done. It’s a lot of my fault on this I guess. Although we have some neighbors who keep immaculate yards, ours doesn’t look bad, but when I take her for a ride and pull back into our driveway, I tell her the people who live in this house (ours) should be ashamed to let it go that way. So that will get her started on doing things and calling people to get things done. I’ve decided subconsciously that I don’t want to do any of that stuff and that I use FMom as a catalyst to get me going.

So between now and when everybody gets here, I’ve got to get house and lawn done, plus go into the city for groceries.

I’m beginning to think my quest for perfect slackdom is only a dream. As I’ve told FMom before, I was born to be the heir of extremely rich parents. I did my part, but FMom and FDad dropped the ball somewhere.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!