Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Maybe Home Today.

Well Fmom slept throughout the night. I got the motel to bring up a recliner yesterday because she couldn’t get comfortable in the bed. So she slept in the recliner last night.

She hasn’t lost her sense of humor or either the pain medicine is really getting to her. I was telling her about yesterday morning when she fell. We had tried to get her up and put a chair in front of her to help her walk herself up. We had gotten her to her knees and she was bent over resting her left arm on a chair, and she could go any farther. Since the door was open and relatives were running back and forth, people were walking by in the hall way and either staring or stopping to look and see what was going on. I told Fmom she had put on a good show with her big old back end sticking out into the hallway. Usually she would have gotten mad and started fussing, but this time she started laughing so hard it hurt her shoulder. I think the biggest thing for Fmom yesterday was that she was so embarrassed. She was embarrassed she fell, she was embarrassed we had to call the ambulance and she was embarrassed because she thought she was being trouble for everyone.

The thing that got me about Fmom is yesterday when we were leaving the hospital, we were getting calls over the cell phone and she was trying to comfort my brothers and sister telling them she was fine and everything was all right and not to worry. She was more worried about how her children were feeling than how she was feeling.

The doctor told me yesterday that I had to wake up Fmom every three hours during the night since she had hit her head. I guess he wanted to make sure there was no neurological damage. I made it every five hours. It’s 5:30 am and I’ve had her up for about an hour now, so I don’t think she is going back to sleep. The only thing about waking her up is I know she’s hurting, so once we get home, I’m going to let her sleep as long as she can.

After I woke her up this morning, I let her get awake a little and gave her something for pain. We’ll see how the day goes.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!