Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Meta Wars and People I'll Miss

It appears another Meta war has gone on over at the Tribune. I really hate when these things happen, but I guess they’re predictable enough. The thing I hate is you get to know some good people who are great writers and then they’re gone.

What struck me about this last one is the childishness of the whole thing. For a political site it appears that most of the fighting was about anything but politics. I guess that’s the reason I stay in the café all the time. I’ll go outside of it every now and then to recommend a dairy and to make a comment, but it not that often. Another thing that got me is the profanity used by a lot of angry people. Don’t get me wrong, I can cuss with the best of them, but some of the cussing was really taken to an extreme. Plus it was taken to an extreme to people who were trying to help.

I’ve said it before, but I feel once you’ve start cussing that you’ve already lost any kind of argument or debate you’re in. To me cussing shows you’ve lost any point you were trying to make and you are just reverting to something to try and throw your opponent off. I know there’s a time and a place for a good cussing, but it reminds me of people who loose their temper on a regular basis. To me it shows they don’t have control of themselves and to me that ranks right up there with all the other bad traits people have.

I guess the biggest reason I hate to see a Meta war is because we always loose good people and people I like. I’ve compared the Trib with my town before. We have about the same population and in that population there are people I really like, acquaintances I know and like and then people I can do without. It’s the same way at the Trib with the only difference people can come and go with leisure whereas in my town you’re stuck with what you’ve got. To bad a blog can’t be that way and people see you have to work out things with others because you’re stuck here.

I can’t help but think and feel it’s a very sad thing.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!