Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Friday, November 28, 2008

What Can You Do?

Well there’s still a house full of people here, George is in constant bark mode and I’m already worn out. We didn’t have near the people I expected at the farm yesterday. It was all my brothers, sister, a few nephews, nieces, spouses and friends.

One of my brothers and his family have sort of come in and taken over the house this T’giving. I was thinking of Fmom yesterday for many reasons, but a couple of times I was thinking that she would be raising hell with my brother right now. I always hated to hear and cringed when I heard the words red neck or cracker. Well yesterday my brother and his friend were deep frying turkeys in the back yard. Now the houses here are actually pretty close together. So while my brother was doing the turkeys, my nephew decided to pull his truck in the back yard and started blasting Lynyrd Skynyrd. Our neighbors are an old retired couple, and they had family over for the holiday. It was a nice day and they were on their patio with family, and I could see they were trying to talk. Well I usually feel bad when I take George out and he does his barking, thinking that it’s disturbing them. Yesterday I felt really bad because I could see the music was bothering them. So with George barking and Sweet Home Alabama blaring I asked my brother if he had asked the neighbors if they minded if he had the music up a little bit (actually loud). He looked at me and said, “why”? I just shook my head and while walking away thought, “my first red neck Thanksgiving”. I felt bad about that, but it didn’t stop me from getting ready, getting in my car and heading out to the farm.

Now if all this turkey frying and loud music had been happening out at the farm, I wouldn’t have had a second thought about it. However, in a neighborhood with houses close together like this, I thought it was very uncool. I love coming from a large family, and I love all my rels, but sometimes……….. :)

Needless to say, I’m looking forward to peace and quiet come Monday.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!