Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Friends

It was brought up yesterday what happens when someone you’ve been communicating with, gotten to know and become friends with just stops commenting or putting anything on the blogs. I was very touched last week when I was out with the migraine and read how many people wondered where I was and sent good wishes. But what happens when someone just leaves, no good bye, no notice, nothing.

I’ve only been blogging a short time and luckily this hasn’t happened to me yet, but I know it will. There are so many people that I’ve come to respect, like and love through this medium of communication. It’s hard to think of them not being there daily or weekly or ever.

However, being up in age a little bit, I’ve come to realize the old axioms are true. Nothing last forever, or the only constant is change. I’ve also noticed that some people will never let you know anything about them, although you talk to them everyday and others wear their hearts out on their sleeves. Some present themselves differently on the net than in real life and other act as they would if you were sitting across from them talking. I don’t know which is the better way to be sometimes. I just try to be myself and go with that.

So far I’ve felt lucky and only met good, kind and generous people. People whom I’ve come to appreciate for their candor, humor and warmth. I know there are a lot of ‘bad’ people out there and sooner or later I’ll be confronted with that, but not today.

I guess the whole point of this rant is to say I don’t think I’ll ever write a GBCW diary. Most of the ones I’ve read are written in anger and that’s not why I came to the blogs. I came to talk to different people who think like me. Who love to laugh as I do and who present a different view of things I’ve never even thought about. To those people all I can say is thank you.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!