Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It's Just a Little PinPrick.

I made my appointment and had the procedure done. A nurse checked me in, an intern asked me questions and finally the doctor came back in with the intern.

I asked the doctor questions, he answered them and then I asked how long would this last. He said the effects would work for four to six week, if it worked. IF IT WORKED!!!!! IF IT &%$**(&^&^% WORKED? What the heck is going on? He told me for a lot of people it works and some it doesn’t. We’ll just have to see.

He asked me if I had a migraine right now and I told him no, just one of my normal daily headaches. He said OK and started feeling around the back of my head. He finds the locations he wants and washes it off with alcohol. He then said there would be a little pinprick. It wasn’t as bad as I expected, but it’s the closest I’ve ever come to fainting. It’s not just a little injection type thing. He’s explaining to the intern you push it in here and then move it over here and here. He then gives me another injection in the muscle under the base of my skull. During this whole time he had to keep reminding me to breathe. He asks me if I’m nervous. I’m thinking you %&(& idiot do I look totally relaxed. He’s finally done and I’m seeing little bright lights. I have to put this disclaimer in. It wasn’t from the injection. I just didn’t know I could hold my breath that long and the lights were pretty.

As I said, he finally finishes and then he tell me……
You might get a small headache that radiates up toward your forehead from the injection. Now let me get this straight. I already have a headache, but I will also get one from the injection he just gave me. He asked how my normal daily headache is now. I tell him it’s the same. He said the injection will hopefully make it go away. HOPEFULLY? HOPEFULLY??!!!!!!

To cut a long story short, I’m now home and my normal headache I started out with this morning is worse, but it’s not a migraine. I can’t take any tylenol, advil or anything like that because of rebound headaches. I’ve got stronger stuff, but that is only for migraines.

I finally get home and the relatives I said were gone earlier, are not. So having nothing in the house for food now, I have to go to the grocery store and buy groceries. I decided to just get stuff we needed and said to hell with cooking and decided tonight it’s frozen lasagna. It takes two hour to cook and I’ve already been asked twice when it’ll be ready. I’m getting ready to tape a sign with the time on the oven.

To put it mildly, this day has sucked.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!