Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Water and Laundry Detergent

I went to put some clothes in the washer and picked up the bottle of liquid detergent I use. I just had relatives here that washed a lot of clothes. Usually these relatives use up everything and never replace. So when I go and pick up the detergent bottle, I’m surprised. It’s full! I’m thinking that’s nice they bought some more. I begin to pour and nothing but water comes out. Not even enough residue to make a few bubbles. ARRRGGGGG!

Now I’ve gotten used to going to the store to replace everything they’ve used, but why even go to the trouble of refilling an empty bottle. Would I not notice, would I just pour without looking? I haven’t figured this one out yet.

While I’m on a rant, this same relative feels it her duty to re-arrange the kitchen every time she’s here. Not that she does anything in the kitchen, but things aren’t where she wants them. Just in case she decides to cook, she wants to know where everything is. So after they leave it will take me a couple of days to find everything and put it back to where I know where everything is. Last time it took me two week to find my cutting board.

She has told me before men just don’t know how to cook or clean. Since I do 99.9999% of that in this house, I’m usually at a loss of words for her. I just keep my mouth shut and agree. I figure if I let my feeling be known it would upset my Mom and that’s the last thing I would ever want to do.

Plus lights, the common light switch. They’ll turn on every light in the house and then I guess its too much trouble to go back to the light switch to turn them off.

OK that’s my rant for today. I’m fixin (southern saying) to get ready for my two-hour trip to Birmingham for the doctor’s appointment again. Hopefully, just hopefully everything will go right today.

Labels:


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!