Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Another Weekend And It's Hot!

Well the family is here and what groceries I had are gone, so it was to the city today and grocery shopping. Fmom wanted to go, and I think that’s a good thing; it gets her out of the house. Of course when we got to the grocery store, she stayed in the car while I’m shopping. I’ve told her I’m happy to have her with me, but if I were her, I would be bored silly just sitting in the car. I guess when you get to be her age and you can’t move around that well, just getting out every now and then is good.

My nephew got his learner’s permit this week. He sounds like he’s going to be a good driver. We asked him did his parents let him drive down here and he said nope, he didn’t want to. Both his parents are pretty level headed, and I think they’re teaching him right. I keep telling him for his first car, don’t let his parents push any old used car on him. Demand; yes demand a new car with everything. His parents aren't too happy with me about telling him that. His Mom said it was their way or no way, so I think he’ll be happy with anything he gets.

I guess my brother’s class reunion is going pretty good. He was by yesterday afternoon and didn’t even mention how good the yard looks. Next class reunion he has, he can do the yard.

My brother also bought us a lot of peaches this weekend. My s-I-l was busy making a peach cobbler, so I guess we’ll have that along with whatever I decided to cook. I also made up cherry and blueberry cream cheese pies. I’m hoping these will keep everyone’s sweet tooth in check for awhile.

Well it’s off to get the rest of the groceries put away and to start dinner. I hope everyone’s weekend is going well and that the heat isn’t getting you ya.

Labels:


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!