Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Friday, July 20, 2007

A Good Day.

When I woke up yesterday I thought it wasn’t going to be so good. There was a water leak in the front lawn and I thought I would be digging and trying to fix it. As with any home repair job, I work and work and work at it, and then decided I don’t know what I’m doing, and then call someone in. I had woken up thinking it’s going to be all day in the hot sun trying to do this.

Well I got up to fix coffee and one of my relatives was up too. This is unusual because they don’t get up this early. I asked if anything was wrong, and he said no that they were leaving this morning. I always the last to know anything going on, and I took what he said with a grain of salt. With these relatives they’ll say they will be here on a certain date and then not show up for a week sometimes. The same way on leaving too. So I get my coffee and start trying to wake up for the day ahead.

About an hour later, I hear something in the hallway and George starts barking. So I go and look and the relatives are carrying luggage to their car. I go out to the carport and see someone out at the leak in the front yard. He’s the same person we call every time we need a plumbing job done. I didn’t call him so I’m wondering how he knew.

Finally the relatives are packed and leaving and our repairman has done in 15 minutes what would have taken me all day. I’m in the carport with Fmom waving goodbye to the relatives and I ask her did she call the repairman. She told yes she did, and I told her I was going to try to fix it. She said she knew, but she also knew that I would be out there all day, and it was just too hot. She said she had rather called someone in to fix it, then see me out there falling out from heat stroke.

So as my relatives and the repairman are leaving, I’m thinking this day is going to be a good day. I can see slacking in my future.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!