Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Violin.

Fmom got a letter from her cousin today and in it were two pictures. The pictures show a violin and bow that hangs on a wall.

I feel sorry for Fmom sometimes because she never knew her mother. Her mother died during childbirth, and Fmom only knew her through what her aunts, uncles and grandparents told her. When Fmom was a child my grandfather had a job that took him all over the U.S. and down into South America. He wasn’t able to take Fmom with him, so her aunts and uncles on my grandfather’s side raised her. She ended up being raised mostly by GAN. My grandfather and grandmother had set up a house as couples do, but when she died, all of Fmom relatives came in and started taking stuff to keep for Fmom for once she grew up. Needless to say Fmom never saw any of this stuff. GAN was able to get a few things for Fmom, but really not much. My grandfather eventually remarried and he and his wife had a daughter. I guess on the wicked step mother scale, Miss P. was up there. Growing up we never called her grandmother, only Miss P. She was always nice to me, but you could always tell there was an icy distance between her and Fmom. When my grandfather died, Miss P. and her daughter were adamant about Fmom not getting hardly anything that was my grandfathers. Fmom didn’t try to fight it, and I’m glad she didn’t.

Fmom just found out last year where the violin had gone. It appears her mother had loaned it to her cousin when she had started taking violin lessons. Over the years the cousin had kept it and then had given it to her granddaughter. The granddaughter had it refurbished and it hangs now on her wall. Although I know Fmom would love to have it, she told her cousin that no she didn’t want it back, but she would love to have a picture of it.

So today Fmom got a letter with two pictures in it. Two pictures of the violin and bow that had belonged to her mother. She was calling all of us in the house to come and look at the pictures of her mother’s violin. You could tell she was proud to have the pictures, but also that she really would have loved to have something that had belonged to her mother. I told Fmom I know how much it would have meant to her to have it, but that I think she did the right thing to just ask for pictures, and that to me it showed class.

Labels:


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!