Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Glad I Jumped.

It seems like such a long time ago, but I remember when I was only a reader of the blogs. There seemed so many very intelligent and good writers that I was afraid or intimidated to put into the printed word what my thoughts were. I’ve never been a writer or to be more accurate, I’ve always been a very poor writer. I won’t even go into high school or what writing I had to do in the time I was in college. Leave it to say I had a teacher that told me one time, that he hoped I handled a shovel better than I did a pencil, because I had no future in writing. Up to this day, I’m still confused on grammar, sentence structure and all that goes with it. If I’m thinking of something, I just put it down the way I think it.

I could look it up, but I think it was about a year and a half ago that I finally stepped into the café and introduced myself. It was frightening to put down in a paragraph or two who I was. I think the most frightening thing was just the constant re-reading to find any mistakes. I wanted it to sound perfect, and I didn’t want the world to think I was illiterate. Luckily there were many in the Welcome Wagon who were very nice and kind. They finally got it across to me that not everyone was a professional writer, and that they were happy to have a new person in the group.

I think within everyone there is a wish to be a writer. I’ve dreamed of writing before, but I can see from the people that I know who are writers, that it’s hard work. Obviously to all that know me, that’s a big strike against it to begin with. I think the reason I write is because I enjoy it, and I think most importantly it’s a way to say hello to the friends I’ve met, and to see how they are. Although a year and a half ago, I was frighten to jump in and talk to people on the net, now I’m glad I did. I’ve met so many wonderful people I would have never known.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!