Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Yogurt.

Can you eat too much yogurt? Fmom and I went through the fudgesicle wars not to long ago, and that was a standoff. Now she’s into yogurt. FMom and I are the same with food sometimes. I don’t know if other people do this, but once we find something that we like, we eat that until we’re burned out on it. Strawberries and peaches are a point in fact for me. When I was a kid, FMom would prepare strawberries and peaches for freezing. We had boxes and boxes in the big chest freezer. I would go to the freezer and get a box and while sitting in front of the TV, I would start chipping away at the fruit and eat until the whole box was gone. Then I’d go back and start again. I did that so much that I finally got burned out on both. Don’t like them up till this day. I’ve done that with other foods, but I’ve tried to watch overdoing it.

Now with Fmom, the older she’s gotten the pickier she has gotten about what she eats. It’s hard to find things that she will eat. Whenever there’s a warning about beef, pork, fish or any meat, vegetable or anything on the news then she decides she won’t eat that again. So trying to find what she will eat and to have a good diet for her is a little difficult. Anyway to get off the fudgesicle kick, I bought yogurt one day and she was off and running on that. She doesn’t even want fudgesicles now, but I’m making daily run to the store for yogurt now.

It’s like I’ve said before, if I ever make it to 81, I don’t want anyone telling me what to eat, when to go to bed or anything for that matter. I figure if I ever make it that far, then I must be doing something right, and definitely don’t want to be treated like a child. So keeping that thought in mind, I try to make sure Fmom eats right, but she is going to eat and do as she pleases. Now to get her off this latest kick or at least to tone it down a little. BTW I’ll eat a yogurt every now and then, but I’m not trying to keep up with Fmom like I did with the fudgesicles.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!