Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Changing Attitudes.

I’ve noticed something over time that’s kind of funny. Whenever I sit down to write something; it seems to be harder if I don’t have the streaming radio going at the same time. I listen almost exclusively to LiveIreland and its traditional Irish music. I couldn’t tell you who is singing/playing what, but I do like to have it in the background. What’s funny is I’ve never liked traditional music. When I was growing up Fdad tried to get all of us to like the Grand Old Opry and Bluegrass. The more he tried, the more I disliked it. I guess the time I came to really dislike it was when he would make us sit in front of the tv and watch the Grand Old Opry. I can’t really blame him because he loved the music and wanted to instill in us a sense of that love. I didn’t really get into music until my late teens. I grew up listening to pop/rock and some other types, but that was usually only in the car. I never did really care to have a record player or a radio until later. It’s only in the last couple of years that I found I like Irish traditional.

So I guess it’s like I used to tell my daughters when they said they didn’t like some type of food. As you get older, your taste and attitudes change. So get used to it.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!