Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Car Radio.

Do you have to have a radio in your car? Just about everyone does. I know most people can’t get into the car without having the radio on. One of my cars that I owned for 13 years had no radio. When I got it at the dealers, I picked it without a radio. I thought I would find one I wanted, and it would be cheaper to have it put in later. Well for 13 years I kept saying I would put one in. Can I procrastinate, or can’t I? It’s funny but I got very used to driving without any music or other diversions. That doesn’t mean I didn’t make diversions. I drove from New Hampshire to Florida one time for a meeting. Instead of a radio, I was singing at the top of my lungs all the way there.

Well it has gotten to the point over the years that I don’t really like to drive with the radio on. I will cut it on to listen to Public Radio, to the talk shows and news, but that’s about it. I found out that driving with music on the radio made me sleepy. When my daughters were young and wanted the radio on, that’s what I would tell them. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you just have to have the radio on when in the car. I’m pretty sure I’m an oddity when it comes to driving with no music.

ADDED: If you haven't already, go over and give Puget4 some good thought. Finding Beauty Everywhere.

ADDED AGAIN: I've been watching the news about the California fires. I haven't seen anything from Knucklehead today, so send some good thoughts out that way too. White Knuckles


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!