Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Wrong Number.

We had the oddest thing happen over the weekend. I heard the phone ring and then Fmom calls me. She said she had gotten a collect from some one in prison. She said she didn’t know of anyone in prison and didn’t recognize the name, so she hung up. While she was telling me this, the phone rang again and it was the same thing. I picked it up, and I don’t know of anyone in prison and didn’t recognize the name, so I hung up. Two minutes later, the same thing. So I decided to accept the call, and find out what was going on. Some guy came on and wanted to know if so and so was here. I told him no and that he had the wrong number. He then asked who I was, and I told him it didn’t matter who I was, but he had the wrong number. He asked again was so and so here and again who I was. I told him I was sorry, but he had the wrong number and hung up.

After this I got to thinking, and then I started to worry a little. I thought what if I pissed this guy off, and he remembered the number. It’s easy enough to find any address by a phone number. I certainly would want some pissed off guy to show up here. Then I got to thinking what if it was one of those cons I’ve heard about from prison. Get enough info and yada, yada, yada. Of course those were just fleeting thoughts, and I finally settled into it was just a wrong number.

I have to admit though, it’s not everyday we get a collect call from a total stranger in prison. Although there’s nothing wrong with that, I prefer to already know whoever is calling collect.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!