Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Grass Catcher Bags.

I was ready yesterday afternoon to come in cussing and mad about the lawn, but things are better today. I don’t know why, but every time I get ready to mow the lawn, it seems the FSM puts little detours in the way. Usually it has something to do with the lawn mower, or something I did to the lawnmower that makes a small job turn into a daylong event. The new (old) mower my brother bought to us has grass catcher bags on the back. It looks simple enough to take them off when you want, but it isn’t that easy to get them back on I found out.

The reason I wanted to take them off is because we had so many pinecones in the yard. My brother told me it was all right to just mow them up, but when you hear that loud noise of the blades hitting the cones, you know it can’t be good for the blades. So I have an old lawn sweeper that another brother left here. That’s a story in itself of what I’ve gone through with it. So I take the bags and frame off the back of the mower and hook up the sweeper. Every thing is fine until I try to get the frame back on. It took me over an hour to get it back on. Of course in all the time of getting the bags and frame off, lawn sweeping and struggling to get it back on, I could have just gotten on the mower and mowed up all the pine cones and said to heck with it.

I don’t know if there are little gremlins following me around when I do stuff like that, or if I should just be barred from doing anything mechanical.

Hope everyone has a good w/e.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!