Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall

It looks like fall is finally hitting down here. Our temps will be in the mid 70’s/40’s range. I don’t know why but every fall there are always two days when I really feel like getting out and doing yard work. I don’t know what comes over me, because you all know how much I hate yard work, but those two days are there every year. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m so happy knowing that this will be the last time I have to worry about cutting the grass until spring that I don’t mind doing it. The last cutting is my fall festival. If I could, I would build a big bon fire in the front yard and dance around it knowing the winter gods have answered my prayers and stopped the grass from growing. Since I can’t do that, after the two days come, I’ll look out my window at the yard, and think “Hah! Damn you grass, I’ve won for another year.” Or maybe I’ll do what I wanted to do all spring and summer. Just not worry about it.

I found out yesterday that we’re getting a new business in town. Someone is finally opening a coffee shop. I think that will be a big hit with the college students here. At least I hope so. I asked the person that told me about it was it going to have wi-fi in it. They asked me what wi-fi was, so I figure baby steps. We’ve got the coffee shop, and we’ll have to work on the other big city things later.

Hope everyone has a good day.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!