Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Different Perspective.

Have you ever had one of those “wake up” moments. One that I’ve never forgotten was while watching the Wizard of Oz. Now of days they show it all the time and you can get it on DVD. When I was a kid, it came on TV once a year and it was something you didn’t miss.

Well I’m at an age that black and white TVs were common when I was growing up. It wasn’t until I was older that the Wizard of Oz came on, and I sat down with some people to watch. We all know when Dorothy gets to Oz everything turns to color. I never knew this, and when I saw it, I was amazed and started asking when they changed the film and how good it looked.

OK it isn’t a huge “wake up” moment, but isn’t it strange how seeing something from a different perspective can change your outlook. I had seen the movie many times, but I had never seen it in color. All of a sudden it was like a new movie to me, and I watched it more intently than I had in years. I felt comfortable with black and white, but Oh Mama when color came through.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!