Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving At My Brothers

Well we had Thanksgiving yesterday at my brother’s house and it was good. Only 18 showed up this year. Had a lot of nieces and nephews that spent the holiday at their spouse’s relatives. That’s OK because I think everyone will be here for Xmas.

My brother has me jealous now. He had his basement finished out and besides his office he has a media room. He calls it a den, but he has a 56 inch HD TV, a Bose sound system, DVR and other stuff. There are very comfortable couches down there in front of the TV, so I sort of think of it as a media center. He also his office, a bathroom with full walk in shower, a small work out room and his garage down there. The weight room I could do without, but the bathroom I’d love to have.

I did spend some time on my brother’s computer. His son accidentally downloaded something that put a program in his start up menu. What it does is as soon as you turn on the computer, it call up internet explorer and start sending in pop-up after pop-up. At first I thought it was a pop up problem and downloaded a pop up stopper. Then I figured out it was a program that was doing this and deleted it from the start up menu and start up folder. I thought that would fix it. It didn’t. It kept reinstalling itself in the start up menu and folder. The pop-ups come so fast and take so long to get off that you basically can’t use the computer unless you unhook it from the internet. I told him he would have to carry it someplace to get it fixed.

Other than me having to drive and hour and a half both way to my brother’s house, this Thanksgiving turned out pretty good.

Hope everyone else had a good Thanksgiving.

Oh I forgot to add. The day before T'giving all the neighbors were out mowing their lawns and getting leaves, pine cones and pine straw up. Their yards looked great. FMom was hinting for me to go out and do ours. I told her nope, that next day they would look like nothing had been done because high winds and rain were expected. Yesterday when we left the house, every lawn looked like ours. I feel so vindicated! :)


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!