Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Friday, January 25, 2008

FMom

FMom had to go to the Emergency Room (ER) today. She’s fine, but I was worried for awhile. This morning she woke up with very bad asthma, and she called my sister before she woke me up. My sister told her to get ready and she would take her to the ER. FMom didn’t ask me because I’ve been having a really hard time with my right foot. FMom said that if I took her, she knew that I would have a hard time walking from the parking lot to the ER. So she called my sister who took time off from work to do the honors.

She was up there just about all morning and they did numerous tests on her. They got her breathing under control and then sent her home. She has a doctor’s appointment this coming week with her lung doctor. I’ve been home all morning keeping my foot up and fielding calls from all the family. When FMom got home, I asked her how she felt and she told me she felt fine now. However, I know she must have felt really bad, because she won’t go to the doctor or hospital unless she feels terrible.

I don’t know what it is with old people and going to the doctor or hospital. I’ve known quiet a few that just refuse to go. I came to the conclusion that they feel if they go to the doctor that the doctor will tell them something they don’t want to hear. I’ve also been told by some old people (FMom included) that they’re afraid to go to the hospital because they might never come out.

Anyway FMom is fine now, and we’ve got everything under control.

BTW we got snow again. Just a few flakes, but it’s still snow!


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!