Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hello All!

Sorry I haven’t posted in a awhile. I haven’t been feeling that well lately. Not only have I had problems with the back, but a couple of days ago, my right foot went completely numb. I’ve been staying off of it, but even with it numb, putting weight on it hurts like the dickens. (Question – where did the term “hurts like the dickens” come from?) After I get it elevated, it feels like it’s burning. So I guess another trip to the doctor is in order.

This coming week I’ve got a lot going on. I’m supposed to have a MRI on my back, and later I’ll have a Transformational Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection done. In other words, they’ll be injecting cortisone into my spinal canal. I looked it up and it sounds kind of intense. I have to have a driver to take me there and bring me back. They said they would be giving me something to relax me before the procedure. I told them that there was no way in hell they would do the procedure unless I was very relaxed. The doctor I like so much from earlier last month told me this would help out my back a good bit. I’ll be really interested to see what the MRI will shows.

Now on to something different. I’m not a clotheshorse and never have been. You can usually find me in a V-neck pull over shirt and jeans. I’ve worn the same pair of top-siders for 10 years and just last month got a new pair. I’ve got different clothes, but I just never wear them. Why am I writing this? Well I’m from a big family and passing around clothes is not a big deal. Both my younger brothers were by this weekend and the first bought a couple of bags of shirts, a nice leather jacket and four suits that look new to me. My second brother bought two big bags of shirts and pants. Both told me to take out what I wanted and what I didn’t to put back in the bags and they would take them to Goodwill. I know some of the clothes they’ve gotten were presents, because the tags aren’t even off them. I do appreciate them doing this because I hardly every buy clothes. So I’ll go through them, try them on, and what fits and I like I’ll keep. What doesn’t fit, I’ll send to my nephew-in-law. But with my brothers helping out, now they’ve made my life harder. I thought the three new shirts and two new pairs of jeans I got for Christmas was going to be a lot to take care of. Instead of the usual shirts I wear, I’ll have to make decisions now. I’ll have more clothes to wash and hang up. I’ll have to buy more coat hangers. They don’t realize that with my total life of slackatude, that this presents a big problem for me.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!