Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Timing.

My timing is really off. New Years Eve I was asleep by 9:00 pm and the night after I was up until 2:30 am. Now why couldn’t I have done that New Years Eve? I’ve always wondered if that’s the difference between people? Say you have the right timing and you invest or start a business. You’re rich. You don’t have the right timing, and you’re living out of a cardboard box.

I think the timing has to do with work also. Back in the day before I retired, I was one of those people who got to work extremely early. I could always get more done without people in the office and phones ringing. However, I had a boss that didn’t count that extra time. One month when I was filling out my hourly time sheet he bought it back to me. He said it was wrong. I asked him how, and he told me that all the extra hours I put in didn’t count because they were UNDERTIME. He explained that since I came in before the work hour began it was undertime, but if I stayed late into the night it was overtime. I told him that was the craziest thing I ever heard, plus if I stayed late, I’d have to be around him that much longer and I wasn’t going to do that! At that time I was in the military, so it really didn’t matter how many hours I put in. The job had to be done, so 12-14-16 hours a day wasn’t unusual. But my timing was off and I had a crazy boss, and it was never looked at that I put in a lot of extra hours.

So I was wondering, does anyone else ever feel his or her timing is off? It can be on anything. From relationships to work to just waking up. Plus if you have the right timing, how did you get it? It seems my timing being off is a life long thing.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!