Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Gadgets.

I like gadgets. I love to get a new toy and figure out how it works. I think that’s one reason I like computers. Back during the old days of DOS, I would sit for hours knowing there was a way to do something, but I just hadn’t figured it out yet. I’m one of the few people I know that read all the manuals back then.

But I’ve found I get a little impatient when I’m figuring out things for other people. My sister and bil who have had a computer for about 5 years, know hardly anything about it. When it gets to the point where it takes about half an hour to boot up, they’ll call me and expect it to be fixed in about five minutes. At my brother’s house during T’giving, I spent a good bit of time trying to get a mal-ware program off his computer. I couldn’t do it and told him to get professional help.

Now Fmom’s cell phone finally died and I got her another one yesterday. She wanted to use it right off, but it had to be charged. Since it’s different from the one she had, I have to read the manual and figure out how it works. Now this isn’t a big thing, but I’m not looking forward to it. I had all the families cell numbers programmed into the old one, now I have to find all of those again and put them in the new one. It’s a basic model, but comes with all these things that it will do. Fmom will only use the receive call and off button.

I guess I get impatient when I’m learning gadgets that I don’t use. If it’s a gadget of mine, then I know I’ll have plenty of time to figure it out. When it’s someone else’s gadget then I’m always hearing, “Is it ready yet. No it’s not. Is it ready yet……..”


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!