Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

WE GOT SNOW!

I really didn’t believe it would happen, but it has finally snowed down here after probably more than a decade. We’re in a narrow band where there’s no snow north or south of us. It’s been snowing since about 6:30 am here and supposed to stop around noon. The pictures don’t do it justice, but the housetops are white and the ground is covered. The streets are starting to accumulate some snow, but not much. The news is saying we’ll get a hard freeze tonight, so everything on the streets will turn to ice.

I had to run uptown to get some batteries for my camera and Fmom insisted on going. She wanted to see how the snow looked around town. Now we’ve had cold weather down here. I think the lowest so far has been 17C. But I told Fmom when we went out to the car that the air and cold just felt different. It reminded me of years ago when I used to live in areas that got a lot of snow. Well here’s the pictures.

Top of tree in front yard.

Click to enlarge

Backyard toward pond.

Click to enlarge

I'm enjoying this because it will be another 10-15 years again before this happens again, if ever. So all of you people that hate snow - send me some more!


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!