Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

More Of The Same.

I called the dental school yesterday and told them I’m still having trouble with the extractions they did last Wednesday. The people there said I had to come in and see the dentist before they could do anything for me. So this morning I left on a five-hour round trip to see the dentist. I get in B’ham and the parking garage I usually go to is full, so I finally find a place about two blocks away. It has a parking meter that is only for thirty minutes, but I say to hell with it because two blocks is way too far for me to walk anyway. After having to stop walking about five times so my leg would stop hurting, I finally make it. Luckily I’m not waiting for long before they call me back. I tell the doctor what has been going on, and I tell him I would have thought by this time the pain would have stopped. He looks at my mouth and the extraction sites and told me he didn’t think there was any infection. I told him I had a dry socket about thirty years ago and I didn’t want to chance one of those again. I also told him I had been taking Advil for the pain, but it wasn’t doing any good plus it was tearing up my stomach. So the doctor gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and a mouth rinse I’m supposed to use three times a day. He said that for the pain to keep using Advil and the antibiotics should take care of it in a couple of days. I do the same walk and stop back to my car and luckily there is no ticket on my car for the meter expiring.

So I came away from this with some questions. He said he saw no infection, but he prescribes antibiotics. I tell him Advil is doing nothing for the pain and tearing up my stomach, but he says to stick with the Advil. I sort of feel like I made a five hour round trip for nothing. If anything I felt pretty patronized. I’m back home and my mouth is still hurting. I’ve taken a lot of Advil and I’m drinking glass after glass of milk, so hopefully my stomach will be OK. I’m just hoping that in the next couple of days those antibiotics will do whatever they’re going to do and stop my mouth from hurting.

I didn’t get to see the Cardiovascular Surgeon on Monday because he had a family emergency. So I’m rescheduled to see him this coming Monday. So I’m looking at in the next month or so, I’ll be able to eat normally again and walk more than twenty yards without stopping.

I usually try to come away from things with a positive attitude. So for today I’ll say I’m happy I made it up there and back without an accident, car trouble or anything else happening. I’ll say I feel lucky I found a relatively close parking space and I didn’t get a ticket. I’ll also say I feel lucky that I got into to see the doctor pretty fast and didn’t have to wait hours and hours.

Now that I think of it, damn I’m one of the luckiest people in the world!

Hope everyone is doing fine this week and take care.



Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!