Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Things Could Be Worse.

I’m pissed. I pull my back yesterday and it’s not as bad today as yesterday, but it’s still stopping me from daily activities. Not that I do that much anyway, but it’s messing up my nap times.

Yesterday I was being energetic and decided to get the lawn done. I got the yard picked up for limbs, pinecones, etc and got the riding lawn mower out. I start it up, engage the blade and loud knocking started. The blade was hitting the iron casing. I stopped and decided to lift up the front end of the mower and place it on a support to get a better angle to pound out the casing. Yes I know, it was very stupid. I have everything set up; start lifting and half way up, something went POP in my lower back. I drop everything and fall to the ground. Movement was impossible for about 15 minutes and while I’m on the ground, the whole world is tuned out except for my back and me. I manage to get up, get in the house and from there to the doctor’s office.

At the doctor’s office, I was in and out a lot faster than normal. She prescribed a shot for a steroid and pain reliever and gives me a prescription for a muscle relaxant and OTC pain reliever. I get home and finally lie down and sleep for awhile. When I wake up I find I can sit in one position without it hurting to bad or lay in one position with the same. I tried yesterday to make a couple of post at sites, but found that my concentration or typing abilities were not up to par, so I just gave up on that.

Now with all the medicine you might be wondering how is it messing up my naps? To a true nap connoisseur, it’s not the sleeping that is the goal. It’s that between time when you are still a little awake and just about asleep. It’s the time when your body is saying this is the most comfortable I’ve ever been and your mind is off playing in fields or solving the world’s problems. The back and the medicine have shot that to hell. No matter how I turn there’s no comfort and to say I think clearly un-medicated would be untrue. The medicine just produces disjointed thoughts or straight to sleep.

Hopefully things will be back to normal soon and I’ll be able to nap contentedly while my mind soars in the dreaming half sleep state.

Other than that, everything is peachy.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!