Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Stuck in the Pond

It’s another relative filled week this week. They got in about 1:00 am and I just saw the first one up. Luckily they’ll go back to bed and in a little while I’ll start cleaning up the kitchen from last night. I just don’t know why they can’t arrive at a normal hour. In all these years, I can expect them to arrive anywhere between 12:00 am and 5:00 am. I mean I know why they drive at night – less traffic and so on. But it’s still a hassle going to sleep and then waking up from George pinging off the walls barking. I have to admit though with these relatives I sort of do get a guilty pleasure from George barking at them all the time. They were the ones that gave him to me as a puppy. So I tell them that they can’t say a word about George because he came from them.

We’re finally getting some rain down here. The pond really needs it because you can see how low the water level has gotten. I saw something really funny in the pond yesterday. I think I’ve said before how one of my neighbors has started mowing down in the pond where grass is growing. Well she got just a little to close to the muddy section on her riding lawnmower and just sunk. So they bring out one of the little 4 wheel All Terrain Vehicles to pull the lawnmower out. It got stuck too. They ended up getting a truck to pull it all out. I guess I should have gone out and seen if I could have helped, but decided not to because my last time pulling on a lawnmower threw my back out. Anyway it was a lot more fun watching to see what they would do next.


Pond and grass levels.
Click on picture to enlarge.

Soon though the pond should be filled again if we get enough rain and with winter just around the corner it looks like my snake problem will be taken care of for a while. Yep I do love winter.

Hope everybody has a good day and week ahead of them.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!