Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Wuss!

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m a total wuss, a chicken, someone who can’t do something even when it’s in their best interest. What I’m talking about is giving myself the new medicine the Orthopedic Doctor prescribed for me. It’s to build up bone density. Now if it was a pill, I could do that. I take a hand full everyday for my health, but this is a combo pen. I have to put a needle on it and then jab it in my leg. I’ve had the medicine for over a week now and haven’t been able to do it yet.

Oh I know I will, but just the thought gets to me. Before my heart surgery I could take imetrex self injectors for migraines. When you have a migraine, you don’t really care what it takes to stop it. But with this I’m not in pain and every time I get ready to do it, I freeze. Do I jab it, do I insert it slowly (that just gave me a shiver), or do I tape it to a door and back into it. If I could teach George how to give it to me, I would, but alas I can’t.

So today I’ll give it another try. But there’s tomorrow and the next day. I’m such a wuss!

Added: OK I did it. It took me 10 minutes to finally do it, but I did it. Actually I didn't think George could hold the combo pen and inject it with his little paws, but he's an exceptional dog. He's now saying there will be three dog treats in the morning instead of one. I asked him if my health is more important than dog treats. You know the answer to that. :)


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!