Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Cold Turkey With A Little Help

I shouldn’t do this, but I guess I’ll give it a shot. I’m a smoker, which some know and some don’t. I’ve quit a couple of times and always restarted. Since all of the new stuff has been around (gums, pills, patches, etc.) I have never tried any of them to stop. I was seeing my doctor the other day and along with her usual you should stop smoking lecture, she also told me about a new medicine out. Before I start the new medicine I’ll have to talk to her tomorrow about the medicines my Neurologist has me on. I keep wondering how this will interact with those medicines. Between the medicines he has me on and the new smoking one, I don’t know how all those interactions are going to be.

The other times I stopped I always went cold turkey, and I’m doing the same thing I always do when I go cold turkey. I’ll smoke the very last one tonight. Meaning the last in the house or that I have. I’ll wake up with no cigs around and then start working from there.

Since I’ve started this blog, I’ve gone cold turkey once. I didn’t get past 3 days. The other times I’ve stopped I’ve found after 3 days it wasn’t so bad. However, the first two weeks are going to be bad. I’m hoping this new medicine my doctor told me about will help in that respect.

So the reason I’m posting this is I guess to make a declaration of what I’m going to do. Also I’m sure that everybody that drops by here will ask and give me plenty of support. But depending on how it effects me, I don’t know if I’ll be too talkative or what. So if I’m very talkative or not, or if this is the only thing I can talk about for awhile, I hope all of you will understand.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!