Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

2007 Perseid Meteor Shower

The 2007 Perseid Meteor Shower will be here during the pre-dawn hours of the 13th. Thanks to Knucklehead for giving me the heads up on this. I told Fmom and my brothers last night that they would be here this weekend. I should have been more specific, because at midnight Fmom woke me up and wanted to go outside to watch the show. So we sit outside for a little while and don’t see anything. I tell Fmom that maybe we should have waited until just before dawn. We came back in, and I look back on the computer to see exactly when they’ll be here. Hell I’ve got two more days.

Fmom is like a little kid when it comes to watching meteor showers and comets. I forget which meteor shower it was, but a couple of years ago during the winter, we bundled up and sat in the lawn chairs watching the meteor shower. It was freaking cold out there, but she insisted she wanted to stay out there and watch. Also back in 1997, I was home visiting for a week, and 3 out of the 7 nights I was home, we were outside watching the Hale-Bopp comet.

So I can tell you where I’ll be in the pre-dawn hours of the 13th. Sitting in a lawnchair outside with Fmom and George. Thank goodness I’m usually an early riser.

Anybody else going to be up watching the meteor shower?


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!