Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Celebration.

I guess you could say it’s a day of celebration tomorrow for my town. About two years ago the Wal-Mart in my town closed and they built a super Wal-Mart about 28 miles away. This really hit my town hard because once the Wal-Mart moved into town, a lot of the smaller store had to close because they couldn’t compete. So it ended up that just for necessities we would have to drive a long way. To say there is no love lost for Wal-Mart would be an understatement.

So what’s so big about tomorrow? Another department store called “Fred’s” is opening up. It’s a department store that’s located in the Southeast states. From reading their web page they have over 700 stores and 300 pharmacies. The store is very welcomed, but it will be interesting to see how the pharmacy will go. In my town and the next closest town about nine miles away there are two pharmacies. The same guy owns them, so you can sort of see a monopoly there. Unless you want to drive over fifty miles round trip to pick up a prescription, you go to one of these, and they’re expensive. So I’m wondering what Fred’s will do to their business? Will it effect them greatly, make them lower their prices some, or what. It will be interesting to watch.

So if I’m feeling up to it, I might go to the grand opening tomorrow and wander around the new store in town. I have to admit we are starting to become a metropolis here. Ah yes, the big city life.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!