Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

George To The Vet

I’ve been up all night with George and just got back from the vet. George has been whining and crying since yesterday evening. All night I’ve tried to figure out what’s wrong with him, but everything I’ve tried just doesn’t work. So the vet did blood work and some different test. I had George out in the waiting room waiting for the results of his test and the vet calls me in. When he closes the door I start getting very worried. He has a printout of the test they ran with some marked in yellow magic marker. He goes through all of them with me and says there are two high ones. He said George’s attitude is good and otherwise he looks good. He had a high White Blood Count (WBC) and an elevated ALT. I had told him that I tried to give George a baby aspirin last night and he said that could have elevated the ALT. He said never try to give a dog aspirin. He said before there were better medicines that they had recommended aspirin, but now they don't.

So it’s down to George has something elevating his WBC and I’ve got to give him Amoxicillin twice a day. He also said George has some arthritis problems, but he wanted to get the infection down before he started him on anything for that. He told me to call him tomorrow and let him know how George is doing. So at the moment George is still whining and crying and I’ve gotten one pill down him and I’ll just have to wait and see what going on with him. I hope he and I can get a little rest today.


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!