Mundane Doesn't Describe It

For the slackatudinally challenged.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting. Mark Twain, Hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I do not want to take any chances. - Unknown, I am retired and have tried to do as little as possible - slowly. Me.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Something To Be Proud Of.

I just found out about an Alabamaism I had never heard about. Here’s some info from Wiki:

The Vulcan statue is the largest cast iron statue in the world and the symbol of Birmingham, Alabama. The 56 foot (17 m) tall statue depicts the Roman god Vulcan, god of the fire and forge. It was created as Birmingham's entry at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis, Missouri and is the largest statue ever constructed in the United States. It is the second-largest statue standing in the United States behind the Statue of Liberty.

The ism I’m talking about is a saying called Moon over Homewood. It seems the naked posterior of Vulcan is pointed toward an upper middle class town called Homewood. Thus the name, Moon over Homewood. Hey and ya’ll thought we had no class down here.



I usually don't pay attention to this, but I just looked at my site meter counter. I'm 8 visits away from 10,000. It ain't hockey, but Wooooo Hooooooooooooooo!

It appears my 10,000th visitor was someone from the mid USA. Whoever you are, and to all of you that have stopped by, THANK YOU. :)

Labels:


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!